You can find my 3 French pantomime-style Plays in a Day now on TES Resources.
Petit Chaperon Rouge (ages 7-10) – featuring the Wolf who loves Shaggy’s Boombastic.
Blanche Neige et les Sept Reporters (ages 10-14) – featuring lots of small, attention-seeking reporters trying to cover a news story about trapped miners.
Cindy va à Hollywood (ages 10-14) – with a jolly ‘France has Talent’ Show in the middle section.
- Lots of humour and great fun
- Most of the dialogue is in English but there’s plenty of French, repeated and reinforced visually.
- Duration around 30 mins.
- 13-22 in the cast (scope for flexibility, sharing and doubling of roles).
- Other pupils can be used for sound, props, poster and programme design etc
- Can be worked on in 1 day (with scripts) – intensive work with a scripted performance at the end of the day.
- Show in assembly or at a languages celebration event; or just have fun reading it through.
- Ideal for a language/ drama festival competition.
- It could fill a few weeks of lunchtime and after school French clubs.
- Sixth-formers could also help out.
- Language is visual and contextualised.
- Audience will also understand it easily as the story is familiar and the French is explained.
- The full scripts contain details of props and sound effects, with links to downloadable sound effects.
- Vocabulary lists are also included with the full version showing the vocabulary on each page.
- A 4 page extract of the opening scenes are also available as a free taster.